Communicating with Teachers
All head teachers can be contacted via e-mail. Each teacher's e-mail address is his/her first initial followed by his/her last name @rynj.org. If the individual is a Rabbi, the first initial is preceded by the letter 'r'.
The purpose of introducing e-mail is to facilitate communication on simple straight-forward matters. E-mail should not be used for complicated communication nor take the place of a phone call or face-to-face meeting. If you have an issue, please communicate directly with the teacher via a phone call or meeting.
E-mail User Policy for Parents:
1) Please send the e-mail to the individual or individuals to whom the message is relevant. Please do not cc (or bcc) others.
2) Please write a short description of the issue in the subject line.
3) E-mail messages should be brief and to the point.
4) Please be careful not to write anything which could be misinterpreted.
5) Use e-mail only for non-urgent matters.
6) Please recognize that it may take up to 48 hours for teachers to access their messages during the week and longer over weekends.
7) Please do not allow your children to send or receive the messages.
8) Please do not use e-mail to communicate transportation changes or matters that relate to medication.
9) Your child's academic progress and behavioral issues are best addressed by telephone or by scheduling a personal conference. An e-mail message on these matters is not appropriate.
10) Teachers are required to be courteous, respectful, and professional when sending e-mails. Parents should reciprocate.