ROSENBAUM YESHIVA OF NORTH JERSEY $CRIP PROGRAM
SCRIP RULES, INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR JULY 1, 2012 to June 1, 2013
SCRIP PROGRAM MANDATORY OBLIGATION: $375.00
FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN IN PRE-K TO 8TH
Please take a moment to read the following note. PLEASE KEEP THE ?SCRIP? LIST FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. Future updates and SCRIP order form can be found in the "SCRIP Update" section of the weekly newsletters, or on our website-www.rynj.org
What is SCRIP? SCRIP is the no-cost way to eliminate your $375.00 obligation. SCRIPS are the official gift cards from supermarket and department stores. With SCRIP you get dollar for dollar, no expiration dates, no fees, and no hassle. 5% of each dollar spent goes to the Yeshiva towards your obligation.
1) Supermarket SCRIP can be purchased on a daily basis, in person, from the secretaries in the pre-school office or from Marsha on Tuesday and Friday.
2) Order forms can be found in the weekly newsletter, on the website and are enclosed with each order placed.
3) All orders sent in with the children are filled on Tuesdays, Fridays and most Wednesdays.
4) The easiest way to get SCRIP is through your children in school. Instruct your child to put the SCRIP in a secure place in his or her knapsack or folder. Please understand that once your child receives the SCRIP (and signs for it) he/she is fully responsible for it. The SCRIP is ALWAYS given to the child directly.
5) A check for SCRIP can be sent in any day of the week. Instruct your child to hand it first thing in the morning to the secretaries in either office or place it in the mailbox outside the Dean?s office. SCRIP orders will be filled within twenty-four hours. If you send a SCRIP order to school, make sure to check with your child that evening if they gave it in and if they received a bright gold envelope in return.
6) SCRIP is sent home with the oldest child in school unless otherwise designated.
7) Once purchased, the gift cards are your responsibility. SCRIP cannot be exchanged, refunded, replaced or returned.
8) There is a phone number on the back of each gift card to check your balance. If the computer says, ?not authorized?, that is their way of saying that you used up the money on the card. If you have any doubt regarding the balance on your card please call Marsha at 201-986-1414 ext. 304, or write to email@example.com. and the activity on your card will be traced for you. IF IN DOUBT, DO NOT THROW THE CARD OUT. Call Marsha first!!!
9) Remember, the magnets in back of the SCRIP cards are sensitive. If the computer can?t ?read? the card have the cashier put it in manually. All cards sold by RYNJ are authorized, new and loaded BEFORE they are sold to you. ALWAYS give in ONE card 2 at a time and make sure they only swipe it once. Only throw out cards that you are 100% sure that they are totally used up.
10) There will be a $30.00 fee on all bounced checks.
11) Postdated checks are not acceptable. If your check can not be deposited, your order will NOT be filled.
12) If you feel pressured by the SCRIP amount ($7,500)-don't be. At the end of the year your purchases are totaled and you are only charged the remaining pro-rated balance.
13) We have a large assortment of department store SCRIP (gift certificates) available and some additional ones that can be specially ordered. Check website, weekly newsletter or call Marsha for updates. (201-986-1414, Ext. 304).
14) Checks (either for purchasing SCRIP or to pay the $375.00 obligation) that go towards the SCRIP program are NOT tax deductible.
15) SCRIP can be sold to relatives, fellow workers, friends, and neighbors and will then be credited to your account.
16) Updates of your account are available anytime. If you would like an update, please leave a message at Ext. 304,put message on your order form or email Scrip@rynj.org and Marsha will get back to your with the information. .
17) BEST GLATT & GLATT EXPRESS cards are RELOADABLE gift cards. They have a minimum 24-hour processing time. They are processed on Tuesday and Friday, which means the money is available to you the following day. If you have misplaced your ?Glatt Express Advantage? OR your ?BEST GLATT? card, or you did not receive one, please: Leave a message at Ext. 304, or email Marsha at Scrip@rynj.org and a card will be sent to you with your next order.
18) If at any time you either do not receive your Scrip within 24 hours or do not see the money reloaded on your Glatt Express or Best Glatt card as promised, then there is a problem. Please call Marsha immediately. (For Glatt Express help ask for Regla at 201-837-8110- for Best Glatt help call Meir Best at 201-801-0444). The problem will NOT rectify itself.
19) Don?t forget-The following businesses are offering 5% to the Yeshiva when you use their services: Dr Saul Lejtman (DDS), Ma?adan Catering, and Bunny Hain Jewelry. Call Marsha for details (201-986-1414, Ext 304. or firstname.lastname@example.org.