POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Welcome to our library media center
We, at YNJ, devote much time, effort and money to developing our library collection and media center for our students.
In order to ensure your child will benefit from our wide array of resources, we would like to take this opportunity to explain some of our policies and procedures.
Book Borrowing Procedures
Among our chief objectives in our library program is to teach our students responsibility regarding borrowing procedures. It is our hope that you, as parents, help to reinforce this attitude of responsibility.
- Books circulate for two weeks and can be renewed twice.
- All books must be returned on time regardless of when any related assignment is due. While we do not charge fines for overdue books, we expect all students to return their books on time in order to be fair and considerate for the other students.
- Due to our need to serve all YNJ students, if a book is needed for an extended period of time the student might need to obtain a copy from another source.
- All books must be returned in good condition. Our library books are property of the school. Any student who returns a book in a damaged state will be asked to replace that book, in addition to any other necessary fees ( ie shipping, processing). Damaged refers to any alterations to the original state of the book, including food stuck on pages/cover, torn and damaged pages/cover, writing or underlining, water/soda/coffee stains, damaged spines, etc. All replacement and fee judgments will be at the discretion of the librarian.
It is our policy that any student who repeatedly abuses these rules, will have his or her borrowing privileges revoked for the entire school year. In addition all final report cards will be withheld until all library obligations are met.
Library Computer Usage
As part of the Library class curriculum, students will be taught to use the computerized Library catalog. In addition, older students will learn to use a variety of computer based research tools and techniques.
The Library encourages students to utilize its computer resources outside of their scheduled class times with the following stipulations:
- Students may not access the Internet in the Library without teacher supervision.
- Students may not put their own disks into the Library computers to edit or print their work.
- Students may not use Library computers to type homework assignments on the day that they are due.